Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 53: Bon Voyage

The Spouse is at the end of our bed, packing. I can hear rustlings of things as he folds, arranges, and re-arranges. Clothing (summer-type), gifts for his parents (candy-type), and other travel essentials. He's weighed the suitcase a few times already. Tomorrow night at this time, he'll be halfway across the Atlantic. This means a few things for the coming days:

1. I might get some really good blog entries written because I'll have nothing.else.to.do at night.
2. I might get no blog entries written because I'll be curled up in a ball on the couch watching various versions of Pride and Prejudice on repeat.
3. My kids will be eating a LOT of pizza.
4. I will not.
5. Something around our house is bound to breakdown, get sick, or blow up.

So, please, hands and feet inside the ride at all times. (Can't say I didn't warn you.)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have my sympathy, my understanding, and my best wishes. (loved the various versions of P&P part.)

Kristine said...

Good luck! I'll keep checking on you to see what breaks down, gets sick, or blows up. It all seems to happen when "the man" is away...humm. :) Have a wonderful night!