Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 140: Lavinia, Processing

Tonight, I am debating what to do next. I think I'm ready to move Lavinia off my blog, and keep working on it away from here. It has taught me really good things. Like how terrible I am at dialogue, which is something I want to work on. I think one of the most important things I learned was realizing, one day, that each day's entry needed to have as much work and detail put into it as I would put into a short piece that was only one chapter long. I realized that I wasn't taking the time to savor or build the story's pieces, because I was in such a hurry to outline the plot, so it became more fun to write, after that. Like I said: good things.

But, where to from here? I have a couple things I would like to try, but have a hunch I would be miserable at. Like writing things from a man's perspective. Or writing an "action" or "mystery" type of story. I'm mulling it over, and will see where I go next!!

For those who have read, and left comments, thank you. :)

7 comments:

Maree said...

But I'm going to miss Lavinia.

Cristina said...

:-( Just when things were getting really interesting, the story goes off the web :-( But I think I fully understand the need for privacy, and for rewriting whenever you feel like it the things you wrote a few days ago. You'll have to send me the book, if you publish it :) Or the more complete draft, if you don't want to publish it.

Just for the record though, I *love* your dialogues. You are not terrible at all at them, and they usually seem very real to me. I always wished you had more of them.

Cristina

Erin said...

I will miss both Lavinias! Maybe you will share the story when you are finished...

Carly said...

I'm so behind! But at least I can read all of Lavinia in one sitting. Maybe tomorrow on the beach in San Diego from my phone... humm sounds like bliss.

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

I've read the whole thing and I've really enjoyed it. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, though, and I get a little lost when I just read it snippet by snippet. I look forward to reading it all at once. :)

Eve said...

Are you KIDDING me?????? I JUST updated my sign on info (so I could leave comments) and read each and every Lavinia chapter and you are leaving me hanging???? :) OK- I forgive you - If you must stop for now and write at a different pace... I understand! But please just keep writing something for us every day? Is that too much to ask? You are bookmarked on my computer and I visit you every day. You are a gifted author, Becca! :) xxoo

Marcee said...

I agree! I hope you finish posting her story when it is done! Or at least make it available to those of us who want to find out what happens! :) Keep up the great writing!